Norman is currently engaged on Every Cloud’s feature film Miss Fisher & the Crypt of Tears, The Diary of an Uber Driver for Revlover/ABC TV and Lambs of God for Lingo Pictures/EndemolShine/Foxtel. He has recently completed work on Playing for Keeps for Screentime/Network Ten and Wanted series 3 for Matchbox Pictures/Seven Network.
Norman began his musical career as a performer while still at university. Since then he has clocked up more than 30 years in the industry, working in music publishing, recording, artist management, A&R and music supervision.
He has music-supervised a diverse range of film and TV productions.
Feature film credits include:
- Clayton Jacobson’s Brothers’ Nest
- Abe Forsythe’s Down Under
- John Curran’s Tracks
- Stuart Beattie’s Tomorrow When the War Began
- Clayton Jacobson’s Kenny
- Neil Armfield’s Candy
- Cate Shortland’s Somersault
TV credits include:
- Wanted (Matchbox Pictures/Seven Network, series 1 & 3)
- Playing for Keeps (Screentime/Network Ten)
- Olivia Newton-John: Hopelessly Devoted to You (FremantleMedia/Seven Network)
- Grace Beside Me (Magpie Pictures/NITV/ABC TV)
- The Secret Daughter 2 (Screentime/Seven Network)
- Love Child (Playmaker Media/Nine Network, 4 series)
- Newton’s Law (Every Cloud Productions/ABC TV)
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries (Every Cloud Productions/ABC TV, 3 series)
- Top of the Lake (See-Saw/BBC)
- Packed to the Rafters (Seven Network, 6 series)
Norman’s broad experience in commercial music publishing and recording gives him a well-rounded musical perspective, in addition to a solid grasp of the complexities of music supervision, copyright research and licence negotiation.