Amanda is an imaginative screen composer who intuitively connects with the emotion of a scene. Her music is lyrical, exotic and heartfelt.
Amanda is currently composing the music for the TV series RFDS for EndemolShine/Seven Network and the multi-directed feature film Here Out West. She has recently completed work on Christiaan Van Vuuren’s debut feature A Sunburnt Christmas (in collaboration with Damien Lane) and Catherine Dwyer’s feature documentary Brazen Hussies.
Amanda’s score for Babyteeth was awarded ‘Best Original Score’ and her music for Brazen Hussies ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ at the 2020 AACTA Awards. Her music for The Secrets She Keeps was awarded ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ at the 2020 Screen Music Awards.
Amanda was a member of much-loved Brisbane band the Go-Betweens with whom she recorded the albums Tallulah and 16 Lovers Lane. She has recorded and performed with many artists including REM, Silverchair, the Church and David Bridie.
Amanda is a board member of APRA and she teaches composition at the AIM.
Feature film credits include:
- Christiaan Van Vuuren’s A Sunburnt Christmas (with Damien Lane)
- Catherine Dwyer’s Brazen Hussies (winner ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Shannon Murphy’s Babyteeth (winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Rosie Jones’ The Family
- Anupam Sharma’s unINDIAN
- Warwick Ross/David Roach’s Red Obsession (with Burkhard Dallwitz)
TV credits include:
- The Secrets She Keeps (Lingo Pictures/Network Ten, winner ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ 2020 Screen Music Awards)
- Slow TV: The Chocolate Factory (with Caitlin Yeo, Mint Pictures/SBS TV)
- Quilty: Painting the Shadows (with Damien Lane, Catherine Hunter Productions/ABC TV)
- The Cult of The Family (Church Street Films/ABC TV)
- On the Ropes (with Endorphin, Lingo Pictures/SBS TV)
- Grace Beside Me (Magpie Pictures/NITV/ABC TV)