Amanda is an imaginative screen composer who intuitively connects with the emotion of a scene. Her music is lyrical, exotic and heartfelt.
Amanda is currently composing the music for the feature documentary Step Into Paradise for Blackfella Films/ABC TV. She has recently completed work on the TV series RFDS for EndemolShine/Seven Network and the multi-directed feature film Here Out West.
Amanda’s score for Babyteeth was awarded ‘Best Original Score’ and her music for Brazen Hussies ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ at the 2020 AACTA Awards. Her music for The Secrets She Keeps was awarded ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ at the 2020 Screen Music Awards.
Amanda was a member of much-loved Brisbane band the Go-Betweens with whom she recorded the albums Tallulah and 16 Lovers Lane. She has recorded and performed with many artists including REM, Silverchair, the Church and David Bridie.
Amanda is a board member of APRA and she teaches composition at the AIM.
Feature film credits include:
- Christiaan Van Vuuren’s A Sunburnt Christmas (with Damien Lane)
- Catherine Dwyer’s Brazen Hussies (winner ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Shannon Murphy’s Babyteeth (winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Rosie Jones’ The Family
- Anupam Sharma’s unINDIAN
- Warwick Ross/David Roach’s Red Obsession (with Burkhard Dallwitz)
TV credits include:
- The Secrets She Keeps (Lingo Pictures/Network Ten, winner ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ 2020 Screen Music Awards)
- Slow TV: The Chocolate Factory (with Caitlin Yeo, Mint Pictures/SBS TV)
- Quilty: Painting the Shadows (with Damien Lane, Catherine Hunter Productions/ABC TV)
- The Cult of The Family (Church Street Films/ABC TV)
- On the Ropes (with Endorphin, Lingo Pictures/SBS TV)
- Grace Beside Me (Magpie Pictures/NITV/ABC TV)