Amanda is an imaginative screen composer who intuitively connects with the emotion of a scene. Her music is lyrical, exotic and heartfelt.
Amanda is currently composing the music for Shannon Murphy’s debut feature film Babyteeth. She has recently completed work on the miniseries The Cult of the Family for Church Street Films/ABC TV.
Amanda was a member of much-loved Brisbane band the Go-Betweens with whom she recorded the albums Tallulah and 16 Lovers Lane. She has recorded and performed with many artists including REM, Silverchair, the Church and David Bridie.
Amanda is a board member of APRA and she teaches composition at the AIM.
Feature film credits include:
- Rosie Jones’ The Family
- Anupam Sharma’s unINDIAN
- Warwick Ross/David Roach’s Red Obsession (with Burkhard Dallwitz)
- Nick Giannopoulos’ Wog Boy 2: The Kings of Mykonos (with Nick West)
- Benjamin Gilmour’s Son of a Lion
TV credits include:
- The Cult of The Family (Church Street Films/ABC TV)
- On the Ropes (with Eric Chapus, Lingo Pictures/SBS TV)
- Grace Beside Me (Magpie Pictures/NITV/ABC TV)
- The Surgeon & the Soldier (Serendipity Productions/SBS TV)
- Glenn Murcutt: Spirit of Place (Catherine Hunter Productions/ABC TV)
- The Diplomat, the Artist and the Suit (Renegade Films/ABC TV)
- Wonderland (with Smith & Western, FremantleMedia/Network 10, series 1-3)