Bryony is one of Australia’s most sought-after screen composers. She brings classical rigour and an insider’s perspective to her work.
Bryony is currently working on the Amazon Prime documentary series Road to Glory and the ABC TV documentary series Back to Nature. She has recently composed the music for Everything’s Gonna Be Okay for Avalon TV/Freeform/Stan, the third series of Mustangs FC for Matchbox Pictures/ABC TV and Frayed for ABC TV/Sky UK.
Bryony’s score for Lambs of God was awarded ‘Best Original Score in Television’ and her music for 2040 ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ at the 2019 AACTA Awards.
Bryony completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Music Composition for Film and Television with 1st class Honours from the University of Melbourne’s Conservatorium of Music, and attended the inaugural Composers’ Program at the Australian National Academy of Music. She has received many commissions, including 4 string quartets, a quintet and a sextet, an opera excerpt and a 1-hour chamber opera, Crossing Live.
Feature film credits include:
- Damon Gameau’s 2040 (winner ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ 2019 AACTA Awards)
- Tori Garrett’s Don’t Tell
- Cate Shortland’s Berlin Syndrome (winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2017 FCCA Awards)
- Matthew Saville’s A Month of Sundays
- Matthew Saville’s Felony
- Mark Lamprell’s Goddess
- Matthew Saville’s Noise
TV credits include
- Everything’s Gonna Be Okay (Avalon TV/Freeform/Stan)
- Mustangs FC (Matchbox Pictures/ABC TV, series 1-3)
- Frayed (ABC TV/Sky UK)
- Lambs of God (Lingo Pictures/EndemolShine/Foxtel, winner Best Original Score in Television’ 2019 AACTA Awards)
- Sisters (EndemolShine/Network Ten)
- Please Like Me (ABC TV, series 1-4)
- Barracuda (Matchbox Pictures/ABC TV, winner ‘Best Music for a Mini-Series or Telemovie’ 2017 APRA Screen Music Awards)
- Anzac Girls (Screentime/ABC TV)
- Cloudstreet (Screentime/Foxtel)