Amanda is an imaginative screen composer who intuitively connects with the emotion of a scene. Her music is lyrical, exotic and heartfelt.
Amanda has recently completed work on the Screentime/Nine Network TV crime series Underbelly: Vanishing Act, the feature documentary Step Into Paradise for Blackfella Films/ABC TV and the multi-directed feature film Here Out West. She is currently working on the feminist-noir-serial-killer-comedy series Deadloch for Guesswork TV/Amazon Prime and collaborating with Antonio Gambale on the second season of the Lingo Pictures/Network 10 drama series The Secrets She Keeps.
Amanda’s score for Babyteeth was awarded ‘Best Original Score’ and her music for Brazen Hussies ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ at the 2020 AACTA Awards. Her music for The Secrets She Keeps was awarded ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ at the 2020 Screen Music Awards.
Amanda was a member of much-loved Brisbane band the Go-Betweens with whom she recorded the albums Tallulah and 16 Lovers Lane. She has recorded and performed with many artists including REM, Silverchair, the Church and David Bridie.
Amanda is a board member of APRA and she teaches composition at the AIM.
Feature film credits include:
- Fadia Abboud, Lucy Gaffy, Julie Kalceff, Anna Kokkinos & Leah Purcell’s Here Out West
- Christiaan Van Vuuren’s A Sunburnt Christmas (with Damien Lane)
- Catherine Dwyer’s Brazen Hussies (winner ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Shannon Murphy’s Babyteeth (winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2020 AACTA Awards)
- Rosie Jones’ The Family
- Anupam Sharma’s unINDIAN
TV credits include:
- Underbelly: Vanishing Act (Screentime/Nine Network)
- Bronwyn Oliver: The Shadows Within (Catherine Hunter Productions/ABC TV)
- Step Into Paradise (Blackfella Films/ABC TV)
- RFDS (EndemolShine/Seven Network)
- The Secrets She Keeps (Lingo Pictures/Network Ten, winner ‘Best Music for a Television Series or Serial’ 2020 Screen Music Awards)
- Slow TV: The Chocolate Factory (with Caitlin Yeo, Mint Pictures/SBS TV)
- Quilty: Painting the Shadows (with Damien Lane, Catherine Hunter Productions/ABC TV)
- The Cult of The Family (Church Street Films/ABC TV)