Caitlin is an acclaimed, multi-award winning screen composer. Her signature style emerges from a fascination with music from different cultures and 20th century form. Her compositions are alive with a deep love of telling stories with music.
Caitlin has recently composed the music for the comedy drama series The PM’s Daughter for FremantleMedia/ABC TV and the drama series’ New Gold Mountain for Goalpost Pictures/SBS TV and Wakefield for Jungle Entertainment/ABC TV. She is currently working on the crime drama series True Colours for Bunya Productions/SBS TV and the feature documentary Kindred for NITV.
Caitlin’s scores for New Gold Mountain and Playing with Sharks: The Valerie Taylor Story were awarded ‘Best Original Score in TV’ and ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ at the 2021 AACTA Awards.
Feature film credits include:
- Sally Aitken’s Playing With Sharks: The Valerie Taylor Story (winner ‘Best Original Score in a Documentary’ 2021 AACTA Awards)
- Kriv Stender’s Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan (winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2019 FCCA Awards)
- Steve Vidler’s Standing Up for Sunny
- Priscilla Cameron’s The Butterfly Tree (winner ‘Feature Film Score of the Year’ & ‘Best Soundtrack Album’ 2018 Screen Music Awards)
- Sally Aitken’s Getting Frank Gehry (winner ‘Best Music for a Documentary’ 2016 Screen Music Awards)
- Kim Mordaunt’s The Rocket (winner ‘Feature Film Score of the Year’ 2013 Screen Music Awards & winner ‘Best Original Score’ 2013 FCCA Awards)
TV credits include
- The PM’s Daughter (with Basil Hogios, FremantleMedia/ABC TV)
- New Gold Mountain (Goalpost Pictures/SBS TV, winner ‘Best Original Score in TV’ 2021 AACTA Awards)
- Ms Represented (with Andrew Scott, ABC TV)
- Wakefield (Jungle Entertainment/ABC TV)
- Slow TV: The Chocolate Factory (with Amanda Brown, Mint Pictures/SBS TV)
- The Pacific: In the Wake of Captain Cook with Sam Neill (Essential Media/Foxtel)